.

Saturday 17 October 2015

What Are The Symptoms Of Alcoholic Use Syndrome (Alcoholism)

13:01 - 2 comments

Alcoholism is also known as alcohol use disorder (AUD) and alcohol dependencesyndrome, is a broad term for any drinking of alcohol that results in harms and complications. It is a pattern of alcohol use that involves a person drinking large amounts of alcohol, face problems controlling your drinking, being preoccupied with alcohol, alcohol is strongly desired or continuing to use alcohol even when it causes problems, usage results in social and health problems, having to drink more to get the same effect, or having withdrawal symptoms when you rapidly decrease or stop drinking. It also includes binge drinking — a pattern of drinking where a male consumes five or more drinks within two hours or a female downs at least four drinks within two hours. Binge drinking causes significant health and safety risks.

You likely to have alcohol use syndrome if your pattern of drinking results in repeated significant distress and problems functioning in your daily life. It can range from mild to severe. However, even a mild disorder can escalate and lead to serious problems, so early treatment is important.

Alcoholism Symptoms

Alcohol use disorder can be mild, moderate or severe. The risk of alcohol dependence begins at low levels of drinking and increases directly with both the volume of alcohol consumed and a pattern of drinking larger amounts on an occasion.  A depressed mood is a common symptom. Signs and symptoms may include:

  • Being unable to limit the amount of alcohol you drink
  • Wanting to cut down on how much you drink or making unsuccessful attempts to do so
  • Spending a lot of time drinking, getting alcohol or recovering from alcohol use
  • Feeling a strong craving or urge to drink alcohol
  • Failing to fulfill major obligations at work, school or home due to repeated alcohol use
  • Continuing to drink alcohol even though you know it's causing physical, social or interpersonal problems
  • Giving up or reducing social and work activities and hobbies
  • Using alcohol in situations where it's not safe, such as when driving or swimming
  • Developing a tolerance to alcohol so you need more to feel its effect or you have a reduced effect from the same amount
  • Experiencing withdrawal symptoms — such as nausea, sweating and shaking — when you don't drink, or drinking to avoid these symptoms

Long-term alcohol abuse can cause a number of physical symptoms, including cirrhosis of the liver, pancreatitis, epilepsy, polyneuropathy (a general degeneration of peripheral nerves that spreads towards the centre of the body), alcoholic dementia, heart disease, nutritional deficiencies, peptic ulcers and sexual dysfunction, and can eventually be fatal.
Women develop long-term complications of alcohol dependence more rapidly than men and have a higher mortality rate from alcoholism than men. Long-term complications include brain, heart, liver damage and an increased risk of breast cancer. Heavy drinking over time has been found to have a negative effect on reproductive functioning in women. This results in reproductive dysfunction such as anovulation (decreased ovarian mass), irregularity of the menstrual cycle, and early menopause.

  • Share this post:

Author of This Article,

Muhammad Tayyab.


He is a 18 year old entreprenuer who writes on various topics like SEO, Blogging, Biology and a lot more. Apart from blogging he is also pursuing his career in Medical and Engineering Field. Do Follow him to get in touch.

Follow Him on ↓


Twitter | |

Related Posts

2 comments:

  1. Do you still Struggle with Cold Sores, unexpected Outbreak and Herpes Virus? then you don't have to keep waiting for treatment when the is a herbal medicine that cure this virus. I was searching online for Herbal Cure for Herpes Virus when I saw a testimony online about Dr. Akintunde and how he cured a lady of HSV1 with his.
    natural herbal medicine and tested Negative and in less than a month she was cured of this virus. So it took me time to believe that this was true, because my family Doctor tried all his best to get rid of this virus in my body system but yet no cure and I suffered from outbreak and Cold Sores always. I had to contact Dr. Akintunde after I have access his website and i had faith in God that I was going to be fine and free of this virus one day. Finally I contacted Dr. Akintunde on his WhatsApp number that I saw on the testimony post online, and after our conversation the Doctor only promise me that I was going to be cured and free of this virus after taking his natural herbal medicine because I was tired of my situation with this virus it was so distracting to my life and whole family. Later Dr. Akintunde send some Herbal medicine to me through UPS courier service, with instructions on how to used this medicine, to my biggest surprise first week of taking my herbal medication I saw great improvement and I still think that it's a dream but this is real, I now test Negative of this virus today and my blood pressure well regulated now, my family doctor after my test was extremely surprise to see my test result change to HSV1 Negative and no more symptoms, cold sores, sores throat and outbreak again. I wish to tell everyone about this, mostly if you have this virus then do yourself good to contact Dr. Akintunde and see what the Lord can do through this Herbal Doctor's medicine in less than a month. 100% free from herpes Virus. I and my family say "thank you" Sir, for helping my life. You are a blessing to this generation and God will reward you richly

    Email: drakintundehomecare@gmail.com

    WhatsApp number: +234 703 524 5593

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I want to give a big thanks to a great spell caster commonly known as DR TAKUTA for the great spiritual prayers he did in my life by bringing my ex-lover back to me after many months of breakup and loneliness. With this, I am convinced that you are sent to this word to rescue people from heartbreaks and also to help us get the solution to every relationship problem. for those of you out there who have one relationship problem or the other why not contact DR TAKUTA. that is the best place you can solve all your problems, including a lack of jobs and promotions, binding and marriage spells, divorce and attraction spells, anxiety and depression problems, good luck and lotto spells, fertility, and pregnancy spells, and also the business success and customer increase, winning court cases and many more. contact him at takutaspellalter@gmail.com or contact mobile contact +2348158676990

      Delete

back to top
Real Time Analytics